A few months back, EE introduced its free charger for customers and as it turns out, people love free stuff as it went out of stock then after a wait it became available again. Although recently the Power Bars have been overheating and exploding, with one medical student being left with burns on his hand while it was charging. It has become so bad that EE is now recalling the Power Bars with the model number E1-06. EE have:
“identified a very small number of incidents where Power Bars have overheated.”
Mobile News has estimated the total number of chargers which are effected to be 500,000 units, although when speaking to Engadget EE said that less than half of that number are actually being used. EE has recommended that customers stop using them and return them to a local EE store..