Today, Apple released a incremental update for iOS and iTunes to fix some issues with the Apple Music streaming service, iOS 8.4.1 is now available around six weeks after iOS 8.4 originally launched at the end of June. iOS 8.4 has the build 12H321 and can be downloaded by going to Settings > General > Software Update – it is compatible with iPhone 4s and later, iPad 2 and later and iPod touch 5th generation and later.
This release of iOS 8.4 brings the usual bug fixes as well as specific fixes for Apple Music and Beats 1.
This release includes improvements and fixes to Apple Music.
– Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library
– Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only
– Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from
– Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices
– Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect
– Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beats 1
iTunes 12.2.2 also fixes issues with Apple Music and Beats 1. iTunes can be updated by going to the Mac App Store > Updates.
This update includes the following improvements:
– Click on the Beats 1 banner to see what’s currently on, or view a complete broadcast schedule so you never miss a show
– You can now view a list of the artists you’re following on Apple Music
– Resolved an issue where iTunes loses its place when you go back to a previous page in Apple Music
– Addressed a problem where artists may be sorted incorrectly in My Music
– Fixed a problem where playlists displayed in the action menu may not match the playlists in your library
– Artists can now share thoughts, photos, music, and videos to Connect, right from iTunes
This update also includes improvements to overall stability and performance.