Back in June for WWDC, Apple unveiled a whole slew of new software for the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, Apple Watch and the Mac.
iOS 11, tvOS 11 and watchOS 4 are all set to made available for download on the 19th September, which is this Tuesday.
- New AirPlay 2 support, allows multiple speaker controls from an iOS device. Speakers are configured and managed using the Home app on iOS.
- Messages in iCloud, the app will now store previous messages in cloud making buying new devices less tiresome. Also deletion will sync cross device
- Indoor maps in Maps, now Apple Maps will provide information for indoor areas, such as Airports and large shopping centres.
- New iPad UI, the iPad in iOS 11 now benefits from a new macOS esque dock and drag and drop photos and text.
- Modular control centre, the quick access menu we all use every day is now customisable, now offering the ability to move the buttons around and some now support better 3D Touch support.
- Better support for AirPods, now the Apple TV will automatically pair with the Apple TV, preventing manual pairing.
- Home Screen sync, if you happen to have more than one Apple TV, the app icon layout will now sync. However this can be turned off.
- Automatic dark mode, depending on when the sun sets and rises in your current location, this feature will work automatically.
- Brand new Workout app, the default app now gets much better with larger icons, new workouts and the ability to sync with gym equipment.
- Siri watch face, a brand new watch face which coaches though the day with location, meetings and Activity app reminders.
- News app, now get breaking headline alerts, with the ability to mark articles for later to read on iPhone.
- Toy Story watch faces, get animated versions of Woody, Buzz and Jessie on your wrist.
- All new music app, with Apple Music playlist syncing and support for streaming over Wi-Fi and on Apple Watch Series 3, over 4G LTE.