A few days ago, Apple released the next iOS release to the public, iOS 11.2. The new release brings a handful of much need bug fixes and support for Apple Pay Cash.
Apple Pay Cash
With iOS 11.2, Apple has added support for Apple Pay Cash, a feature which was debuted back at WWDC in June, but never made it the final iOS 11.0 release in September. It’s a peer-peer payment service which operates within the iMessage interface, you can transfer amounts of money between friends and family, as long as they are on iOS 11.2 and in the United States. Apple will probably bring Apple Pay Cash to other countries with a future update.
Bug fixes and other new features
iOS 11.2 also adds a small underline on the iPhone X to make accessing Control Centre a bit more obvious.
On iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X the wireless charging is now faster, those models now support an increase from 5W to 7.5W charging.
iOS 11.2 introduces Apple Pay Cash to send, request, and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
Apple Pay Cash (US Only)
Send, request, and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay in Messages or by asking Siri
Other improvements and fixes
– Adds support for faster wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories
– Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
– Improves video camera stabilization
– Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
– Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
– Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
– Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
– Improves stability in Calendar
– Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
– Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
– Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
– Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
– Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
– Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
– Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
– Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
– Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
– Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
– Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music
– Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications