Just over a week ago, Apple released iOS 12.3 which included a brand new Apple TV app, AirPlay 2 improvements as well as the usual bug fixes. Now earlier today, iOS 12.3.1 has been made available for download and it addresses some minor bugs which cropped up.
iOS 12.3.1 includes bug fixes for your iPhone and iPad. This update:
– Fixes an issue that could prevent making or receiving VoLTE calls
– Fixes issues in Messages that could cause messages from unknown senders to appear in your conversation list even though Filter Unknown Senders is enabled
– Fixes an issue that could prevent the Report Junk link from appearing in Messages threads from unknown senders
How do I download this update?
1. You can visit Settings > General > Software Update and then follow through the steps to download and install the new iOS update.
2. Plug your iPhone or iPad into a Mac or Windows computer with iTunes installed and update that way, this may take slightly longer as it downloads an entire copy of the operating system – then proceeds to back up and install.