Today, Apple has released iOS 14.6 and iPadOS 14.6 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with support for Apple’s new Podcast Subscriptions, support for Apple Card Family, improvements for AirTag lost mode as well as a handful of bug fixes and security improvements.
Apple announced Apple Card Family and Podcast Subscriptions at the most recent Apple Event in April and the updates for Apple Card allow you to add co-owners to the credit card and you can even combine accounts. AirTag improvements now allow you to supply an email address or phone number as the emergency contact that people see when the AirTag is in lost mode.
As ever, you can update by going to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad or by updating via iTunes on Windows and older macOS versions, or via the Finder on newer macOS versions.
Apple Card Family
– Apple Card can be shared with up to five people, including anyone 13 years or older in your Family Sharing group
– Apple Card Family adds support for families to track expenses, manage spending with optional limits and controls, and build credit together
– Subscription support for channels and individual shows
AirTag and Find My
– Lost mode option to add an email address instead of a phone number for AirTag and Find My network accessories
– AirTag will show the partially masked phone number of the owner when tapped with an NFC-capable device
– Voice Control users can unlock their iPhone for the first time after a restart using only their voice
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Unlock with Apple Watch may not work after using Lock iPhone on Apple Watch
– Reminders may appear as blank lines
– Call blocking extensions may not appear in Settings
– Bluetooth devices could sometimes disconnect or send audio to a different device during an active call
– iPhone may experience reduced performance during startup